Monday, March 7, 2011

Gloomy Sunday

All I know is that I'll never hear this song the same way again.


After yesterday, i can totally see where Rezső Seress is coming from, albeit not thru my own thoughts or consciousness.


So it has been said that shadows fall through and cast darkness around and then you'd want to take the lights out for good, it's not a myth, it's a fact that all who've lived in darkness can attest to. 


I'd like to bury March 6, 2011 in the abyss of my memory...




Sunday is Gloomy, 
My hours are slumberless, 
Dearest the shadows 
I live with are numberless 
Little white flowers will 
never awaken you 
Not where the black coach 
of sorrow has taken you 
Angels have no thought of 
ever returning you 
Would they be angry 
if I thought of joining you 
Gloomy Sunday! 

Sunday is gloomy 
with shadows I spend it all 
My heart and I have 
decided to end it all 
Soon there'll be candles 
and prayers that are said, 
I know, but let them not weep, 
let them know 
that I'm glad to go 

Death is no dream, 
for in death I'm caressing you 
With the last breath of my 
soul I'll be blessing you 

Gloomy Sunday 
Dreaming 
I was only dreaming 
I wake and I find you 
asleep in the deep of 
my heart dear 

Darling I hope that my dream 
never haunted you 
My heart is telling you 
how much I wanted you 
Gloomy Sunday 
Gloomy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment